Garrison Griswold, here, inviting you to join in some bookish fun! How would you like to win one of FIFTY advance reader copies of Book Scavenger by Jennifer Chambliss Bertman and the opportunity to launch the game this story was based on? Here’s a bit more about this book:
Twelve-year-old Emily is on the move again. Her family is relocating to San Francisco, home of her literary idol: Garrison Griswold, creator of the online sensation Book Scavenger, a game where books are hidden all over the country and clues to find them are revealed through puzzles. But Emily soon learns that Griswold has been attacked and is in a coma, and no one knows anything about the epic new game he had been poised to launch. Then Emily and her new friend James discover an odd book, which they come to believe is from Griswold and leads to a valuable prize. But there are others on the hunt for this book, and Emily and James must race to solve the puzzles Griswold left behind before Griswold’s attackers make them their next target.
Book Scavenger won’t be available in bookstores or libraries until June 2, but for the next week (February 18-February 25), FIFTY advance copies will be given away to a winner in each US state, with the condition that the reader hides the book in a public place (after they read it, of course!) and reports it here on BookScavenger.com.
And if you are not one of the initial 50 winners, do not fear! You can still participate in the game by seeking out books as they are hidden. Check back here for updates on where the books are at, or follow @jabertie on Twitter or Jennifer Chambliss Bertman on Facebook. And, of course, Book Scavenger will be available to readers everywhere in the United States on June 2, 2015.
WAYS TO WIN AN ADVANCE COPY OF BOOK SCAVENGER:
- Tweet this post and make sure to include #BookScavenger and #YourState. Example tweet: “Win an arc of #BookScavenger in the 50 Books to 50 States Giveaway! Plus help launch a book hunting game!
- Share this post on Facebook and make sure to include #BookScavenger and #YourState. Example: Win an arc of #BookScavenger in the 50 Books to 50 States Giveaway! Plus help launch a book hunting game!
- “Like” Jennifer Chambliss Bertman’s Facebook Author Page and comment or private message with your state.
- Comment on this post! Make sure to write in your state and a way to be contacted if you are the winner. (Email, Twitter handle.) Or check back at the end of February for the list of winners.
- Send an email to email@example.com with “50 Books to 50 States” as the subject and your state in the text of the email.
That makes five possible ways to enter, allowing you five total entries. IMPORTANT: #BookScavenger is how social media entries will be tracked, so without that hashtag your entry might get missed. And you must include your state in order for your entry to qualify.
Entries will be accepted until 11:59pm on February 25. Winners will be drawn randomly from the entries for each state. In the event a winner cannot be contacted within 48 hours, a runner-up will be chosen.
Yours in pages and play,